Membership in the Weston Historical Society is open to all. We welcome your support and encourage you to get involved. Dues and donations may be paid by check (mail to P.O. Box 343,Weston MA 02493) or credit card through Paypal (click on Donate below). WHS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and dues are tax deductible. Categories are as follows:
- Individual: $35
- Family: $50
- Sponsor: $100
- Patron: $250
- Life Membership: $500
- WHS Fellow: $1000
The Weston Historical Society Newsletter: Beginning in the Fall of 2019, members receive two issues per year of the Weston Historical Society Newsletter, which includes information on coming WHS events, WHS collections, and Weston people, places, and topics.
The Weston Historical Society Bulletin was published twice a year in digital form from 2005 through Spring 2019. PDFs of past issues of the Bulletin are available to read online.
Invitations to WHS Lectures and Programs:
Members receive notices of all WHS events, including annual spring and fall lectures. Descriptions and photos of past events can be found at Recent Events and Features.
Farm Town to Suburb: The History and Architecture of Weston, Massachusetts, 1830-2020 (Second Edition, 2020) by Pamela W. Fox, $10 off.
The Satisfaction of Helping:
Your dues and contributions help us acquire Weston objects and memorabilia, care for our collection of objects, books, manuscripts, and photographs, and develop outreach programs. The WHS depends on the financial support of its members.
The Weston Historical Society is an all-volunteer organization. During our weekly open hours (Tuesdays from 9:15 to 12 noon), volunteers work on collections management and care. Other work times can be arranged (see Contact Us page).
Volunteers are always needed to:
- Catalogue, using PastPerfect software
- Organize and re-house archival materials using acid-free materials
- Work with the Society’s photo collection
- Preserve historical materials under the direction of WHS board members
- Plan and execute exhibits for display cases at the Weston Public Library and Town Hall
- Write articles for the Bulletin
- Help with community outreach, including interviewing long-time residents and finding new items for the collection